-In a news briefing on Tuesday , H.R. McMaster, National Security Advisor, said that the content in a Washington Post piece which claimed a President’s Trump possible leakage of an information to a Russian contingent visiting the White House is FALSE, and referred to the President’s conversation with the officials completely appropriate.
The Monday Post article claimed that President Trump on the last week meeting in the White House, revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador.
according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.”
On Monday, McMaster through a strongly worded statement, denied the whole story.
“There’s nothing that the president takes more seriously than the security of the American people,” McMaster’s statement said, according to Fox News. “The story that came out tonight as reported is false.
“The president and the foreign minister reviewed a range of common threats to our two countries including threats to civil aviation. At no time, at no time were intelligence sources or methods discussed. And the President did not discuss any military operations that were not already publicly known.
“Two other senior officials who were present, including the secretary of state, remember the meeting the same way and have said so,” he added. “Their on-the-record accounts should outweigh anonymous sources. And I was in the room, it didn’t happen.”
On Tuesday, McMaster again attacked the WaPo piece in a briefing Fox News described as “tense.”
“I stand by my statement that I made yesterday … the premise of that article is false,” McMaster said. “That conversation was wholly appropriate.”
Even though the media seems to have coalesced around this story, the White House seems pretty adamant.
Is it another case of “very fake news?” Stay tuned.